Drag Race Reunion warms up Utica’s roast, this fight, and more
Before the grand finale of next week, the queens of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 13 met again on Friday (mostly virtually) to spill tea, cast some shade and, above all, to promote Bubly Bounce. (Symone deserves an Emmy for this delivery.)
The nine eliminated queens – Kahmora Hall, Joey Jay, Tamisha Iman, LaLa Ri, Elliott With 2 Ts, Denali, Tina Burner, Utica Queen and Olivia Lux – beamed in from their hometowns to catch up on the gops and gags of the season . while the top 4 – Gottmik, Rosé, Symone and Kandy Muse – entered the final stage for the first time.
Read on for the biggest ruinations of the two-hour event on Friday:
* Remember when it took Hall so long to prepare for the first challenge of the season that she almost missed her cue? Well, she has good news. Type of. “I’ve gotten faster!” Hall revealed. “I don’t need four more hours – I’ll take three.” As for Hall’s iconic twist as a fully-bodied tree (head), this reunion gave her one last chance to nail the delivery of “I Rooted For Us!” And she did … after a few tries.
* Responding to fans’ curiosity about whether something is going to happen between Joey and Kandy, Ms. Jay said simply, “Maybe it already has, baby. Do not worry. “
* If you thought Tamisha and Kandy’s Untucked argument was intense, here’s what you know: It could have been a lot worse. “I came to the show to win the sorority that I never won in my ward, but you’re not going to get in touch with everyone,” admitted Tamisha. “So Kandy and I would never be friends, but I don’t wish her evil will. I do not wish her negative hatred or anything like that. If the cameras weren’t there, I would have hit them. “
* When it comes to Chicago’s Mackie doll, Elliott has only one thing to say: “Rude!” Looking back on the season, Elliott said, “One of the most shocking moments I had no idea about was when Kahmora found my voice annoying. She is my sister and I love her, but she is messy. “
* Denali thought about the “Rosenali” roller coaster, noting that rosé was always there for both its ups and downs. “So you never know,” she said. “A few shots of Scottish whiskey? Anything can happen. “The literal ice queen also touched on the infamous makeover she sent home. She admitted it was a” frustrating “experience but urged her fans not to come for Olivia. Instead, she said she: “My only regret is that I didn’t say Tina Burner’s name.”
* Tina knows that the fans were “not so receptive” that she formed a Mean Girls trio with Kandy and Gottmik. But as she explained this week, Mean Girls is a Campy move about “having fun, being stupid and making fun of yourself”. Nothing more.
* Utica, whispering in her closet like she was hiding from someone, admitted that the roast was the hardest part of the season for her. (Shocker) As she explained, “At the time, I didn’t understand the difference between humor and insults. I’ve grown and seen how jokes can be told and how they can come from a place of love. I definitely want to strive for that. “(Side note: does anyone feel like Utica has been robbed of a spot in the top 4?)
* Olivia made sure she would take home the Miss Congeniality title next week and had no rude words to say about whether she had the majority vote when her fellow queens were asked who deserved the boot … twice. “There weren’t any hard feelings for me,” she said. “Every answer has nothing to do with me. We are all on different journeys. “Whatever you say, nice lady.
The evening ended with a virtual lip-sync rematch between LaLa and Denali, who dealt with La Bouche’s “Be My Lover”. Denali claimed the title of Official Lip-Sync Assassin Season 13 and received $ 10,000 for the National Center for Transgender Equality, while LaLa still raised $ 5,000 for the National Black Justice Coalition.
Your thoughts on Drag Race’s Season 13 Ru-Union? Then vote in our polls below for the queens you think will (and should) win next week Leave a comment with your full Ru view of the evening.