Jamie Dornan on Synchronic, working with Emily Blunt on Wild Mountain Thyme and his Legoland journey
A few days ago I landed an extensive interview with Jamie Dornan for his fantastic work in Justin Benson and Aaron Moorheads Science fiction drama Synchronous. If you haven’t seen the trailers, Synchronic plays two New Orleans best friends and paramedics (Anthony Mackie and Dornan) who come across a series of bizarre crime scenes. While they are preoccupied with what is going on, Mackie’s character discovers that it is a new designer drug called “Synchronic” that causes the user to have an intense psychedelic reaction. If Dornan’s eldest daughter suddenly disappears, Mackie’s character will stop at nothing to save her, even if that means risking everything.
Trust me, what I just wrote about Synchronic is the tip of the iceberg. The less you know about the twists and turns, the better. If you are a fan of great, original science fiction, I highly recommend checking it out.
During my long-reaching and extremely relaxed interview with Jamie Dornan, he talked about what it was like to read the Synchronic script for the first time, how the film uses the history of New Orleans to tell the story in an inexpensive way. why he’s excited for people to see John Patrick Shanley Wild mountain thyme With Emily Bluntlike it’s an old school romance why he loved being a part of it Kenneth Branagh upcoming movie, Belfastwhy he would like to be a guest star Successionif he can watch Zoolander and have fun with it after you’re a model, what he needs in his trailer and more. We also find out about LEGO, his visit to Legoland, when he was last really nervous on set, what he observed during the pandemic and much more. I promise if you are a Jamie Dornan fan you will enjoy this interview.
Take a look at what he had to say below, and further down the page you’ll find a list of exactly what we were talking about.
Finally, a big thank you to Jamie Dornan for giving me so much time while I was sitting in his car!
- Which TV series would he like to guest star on?
- Which movie have you seen the most?
- Has he seen a TV series more than once?
- What has been binge-watching during the pandemic?
- What was the last time he was really nervous before turning something and why?
- What is the most important thing he needs in his trailer?
- What props or costumes did he take home from the set?
- As a model, can he watch the movie Zoolander and have fun with it?
- Did he have fun building the LEGO set he posted on Instagram?
- What it was like to visit Legoland in the UK.
- How the pandemic allowed famous people to remain anonymous in public.
- What was it like reading the Synchronic script for the first time?
- How the film uses New Orleans history to inexpensively tell the story.
- How much does he know about the story before reading the script?
- How a script doesn’t necessarily reflect the end product.
- What is Wild Mountain Thyme about?
- What was it like playing a character who is emotionally closed?
- What can he say about Kenneth Branagh’s Belfast?